Transformers

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Transformers

Post by Ran »

Passed through the toy aisle at Walmart this morning and noticed that they had Starscream, Devestator, and Hot Rod in vintage packaging. It was surprising they didn't do this when they did it with Star Wars and GI Joe.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

So who’s popping for that crowdfunded Unicron figure??

Only $574.99!!!
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Commit within a month, pay roughly two car payments soon as it reaches its goal, wait two years for the figure.

Who wouldn't?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

There hasn't been much going on here, but I have to say War for Cybertron: Siege is KILLING it. This is the first line in ages where I've gotten everything, since every figure except Ravage has been an improvement over past versions.

Also, while it's heavy on exclusives, this is the first time we've ever gotten three identical Reflectors that combine into a camera, G1-style Barricade, Nightbird, comic-accurate Impactor (two, in fact--Marvel and IDW), invisible Mirage, a set of the Rainmakers, frigging Rung, and updated Powerdashers (all three, in fact).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

We were in Walmart this weekend they had Rumble/Ravage/Laserbeak/Frenzy 2 packs on vintage cards. They look nice, but there is no way they should be $20.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I've seen those. The overpriced reissues don't appeal to me when there are absolutely beautiful updates of the same characters on shelves at the same time.

Like I said, Siege is killing it, and the upcoming Earthrise line actually looks better.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Got an email from BBGTS and was looking Siege and Earthrise Transformers. They really do look nice.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Ran wrote:We were in Walmart this weekend they had Rumble/Ravage/Laserbeak/Frenzy 2 packs on vintage cards. They look nice, but there is no way they should be $20.
Saw these again and realized that the artwork on the back of the package is now the image in Tom Foolery's signature. Still don't understand how they can be $20. They also have Astrotrain now, but I didn't even look at the price.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Um... What??? TF/BttF?
Marty McFly has just returned to his home sweet home, Hill Valley 1985, and everything's looking up... that is, until Marty and his friend Doc Brown's time machine attracts the attention of the Decepticons! With one small mistake, Marty finds himself thrust into adventure to stop the Decepticon plot in the past, present, and future... all with the help of a new time machine: the Autobot, Gigawatt!
https://geektyrant.com/news/transformer ... ic-and-toy
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

This looks pretty dope, but not $80 dope. It’s only 7 inches tall. There’s also a 5 inch Bumblebee for $60.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/t ... ero-909605
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky

Post by anarky »

The basic TF lines (War For Cybertron, Legacy, and Studio Series '86) are killing it right now. Every single figure they're putting out is the definitive version based on the original show. Seriously. Not a dud in the bunch.

I bring this up because, at least with Transformers if not their other lines, Hasbro finally got their shit together and rendered all the Sideshow and other third-party offerings totally irrelevant.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Lego Optimus Prime!! June 2022!!

Ran

Post by Ran »

Did anyone buy Hasbro's Transformers or GI Joe Lego knock-offs? I thought about it when they were on clearance, but never did.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote:Did anyone buy Hasbro's Transformers or GI Joe Lego knock-offs? I thought about it when they were on clearance, but never did.
I bought Jazz for the novelty, but I’m pretty certain I’ve lost all or most of the pieces used for him.

I did, however, through….unscrupulous means…acquire a sizable collection of the little TF figurines that came with all the sets. It turns out the Kre-O boxes weren’t securely fastened and the little figures came bagged separately in the boxes and TRU has pretty lax security…so make what you will of those three entirely unrelated tidbits of trivia.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

It’s been over a year since I moved in. I’m very sloooowly sorting thru the stuff in the basement that was formerly stuff in my storage unit that was formerly stuff from when I lived in CA a lifetime ago.

Yesterday, I got to a tote full of Transformers toys. It’s embarrasing, but I am so out of practice, I had to get on youtube to figure out how to transform some of these little bastards. The Ratchet and Ironhide Classics figures were giving me fits. But then I started re-reading this topic from the beginning, and there’s another box/tote somewhere because I’m missing Jazz, Tracks, Wheeljack, etc.

I haven’t bought a new TF since 2012. Wow.

But the cool thing is I emptied a bookcase out to stand these guys up in. If I can find the other half of the collection, it’s gonna look pretty sweet.
I’m still salty about that Thundercracker exclusive, but I looked and apparently they released him at retail many years later. Do I want to pay a little extra on ebay to have a full team of seekers?

Somewhere in my parents basement are my OG TFs. I bet they’d like to come out and play also…