Questions about DC's relaunch

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Questions about DC's relaunch

Post by jjreason »

"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

That’s disconcerting.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, Young Justice, and Hawkman are all ending in November.

Also, Jim Lee responded to rumors that AT&T was looking to permanently shutter DC Comics and said, no, they’ll still be putting out monthlies, but they are reducing the number of titles.
So basically all the fringe books will go away and the main core characters will still have books. Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and of course multiple Superman titles, and then 75 ongoing Batman books.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

And the Walmart specials I don't imagine will go anywhere. That's still a very interesting foray into sales at different locations which I think is still an important avenue to explore.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Marie Javins and Michelle Wells have been named interim Editor in Chief in the wake of Bob Harris getting downsized along with a bunch of other people last week. I don’t know much about the DC hierarchy or even who’s left over there, but its interesting these two were in charge of digital content and their YA content over there and got selected over one of the more traditional editors. But again, there’s so many titles over there, Chief Creative Officer, President, Publisher, VP in charge of this that and the other, yadda yadda, who knows who is who’s boss and who’s up for promotions first.

DC has been a slow moving train wreck since 2011.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Imagine what they could accomplish with even a hint of a plan.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ugh. This new DC distributor sucks balls. Two weeks in a row my guy has gotten books late/didn’t arrive at all.
The first week, I gave it a pass because the derecho blew thru Iowa, so maybe fed-ex was behind because of the power outages or whatever(the Diamond stuff showed up just fine though. Got all my non-DC books no prob) so I had to go back in two days later and thankfully I got all the variants that week.
This week, the only book that showed up was Harley Quinn 75 and a reorder of Dark Metal 1. And he checked his order status and they definitely took his payment for the books, but none of them showed up.
Since I mostly get the variant covers and he only orders 1 or 2 of those, I’m the first one at his shop on Wednesdays so I can get the books I want before everyone else. But if DC is gonna be a shitshow about getting books out, I’m gonna have holes in my collection.

Fuckin’ assholes.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

You'll get them from the dollar bin next year or the year after.